What government programs are available to help me financially with housing during the pandemic?

Published: 05 June, 2020

From The Philadelphia Inquirer
By Marc Narducci

Here’s a list of some government programs that can help you financially with housing if you’ve been affected by the pandemic.

Help with housing

Help with your rent

Philadelphia has a program to help tenants who need rent assistance. To be eligible, you need to rent an apartment or house in Philly, have a current written lease signed by your landlord, and have lost income because of COVID-19. You also need to meet other eligibility requirements. Apply here.

Public Housing
Public housing is government-owned, affordable rental houses or apartments for low-income families, people who are elderly, and people with disabilities. The program is administered by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).

Find out if you are eligible. Some of the factors: Your gross annual income, whether you qualify as elderly if you have a disability, U.S. citizenship or eligible immigration status.

If you need public housing help or want to find out about other housing programs such as housing choice vouchers, reach out to your local public housing agency.

The Pennsylvania list is here.

Read the full article: Federal, state and city programs that can help you if you’ve been affected by the pandemic

If any of this content is out of date or incorrect please contact us.Suggest an update